Phòng QLKH&CN xin gửi Quý thầy/cô, anh/chị thư mời của Đại Sứ quán Anh v/v mời tham gia Webinar trao đổi về hợp tác quốc tế trong nghiên cứu khoa học.
Thời gian: Thứ 6, ngày 26/6/2020 vào lúc 15:30-16:30
Thông tin chi tiết về chương trình và cách thức đăng ký tham gia, xin mời Quý thầy/cô, anh/chị tham khảo ở dưới đây.
Education Future Mini Conference: Higher Education Partnerships Webinar Series - Beyond the pandemic: the future of international research collaboration
Topic: Join British Council’s Education Future Mini Conference on the future of international research collaboration
Date: 26 June 2020
Time: 15.30 – 16.30 hrs (09.30 – 10.30 UK’s time)
Register today (free of charge)
This is an online webinar. The session will be conducted in English.
According to a recent New York Times article, never before have so many of the world’s researchers focused so urgently on a single topic – Covid-19. While politicians are closing national borders to try and halt the pandemic, scientists have been collaborating on an unprecedented scale. This international cooperation is likely to have a long-term legacy for international research collaboration beyond the development of any vaccine or therapeutics for Covid-19.
The session will focus on international research collaboration and how it has been prioritised during Covid-19. The panel will also address the following questions:
· Are we likely to see this level of international cooperation applied to other ‘wicked’ problems, such as climate change? What incentives (at government and institutional level) need to be put in place to foster greater collaboration
· The impact on the development of the wider collaborative research agenda, and key challenges and risks associated with international research collaborations
· What decisions will governments, policymakers and funders make about research priorities and allocation of resources in the future
- Dr Richard Armour, Council Member, Research England- UKRI
- Dr Guy Thwaites, Director, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU), Vietnam
- Dr Rowena Cristina L Guevara, Undersecretary for Research and Development, Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Philippines
About the Higher Education Partnerships Webinar Series
The Higher Education Partnerships Webinar Series forms part of British Council’s Education Futures initiative, a series of in-depth discussions on key topics of global implications for the international education industry. Our aim is to support the UK and East Asia’s strategic action planning and decision making, allowing the education sectors to better anticipate challenges, manage risks and respond to opportunities.